Both Wing Haven Garden & Bird Sanctuary and the Elizabeth Lawrence House & Garden are preserved and maintained as one entity called Wing Haven – a privately funded non-profit organization that does not directly receive city, county or state funds to support its operation.
Your membership contribution will help ensure that these gardens are maintained and accessible to all who want to visit. In addition, your support will help us to continue and expand our educational programs for children and adults.
You may also use the membership levels below to purchase gift memberships for friends, family, teacher gifts, thank you, welcome and other gifts.
Member Core Benefits - for the extent of the membership
- Unlimited admission to both gardens
- Membership discounts on programs
- Admission to Spring and Fall Plant Sales on Member's Day
- E-news and biannual Warbler with garden updates, notice of sales, trips, programs, special events, gardening and bird habitat trips
- Free admission and/or additional benefits at nearly 300 gardens throughout North America and the Cayman Islands through the American Horticultural Society’s Reciprocal Admission Program. Visit the American Horticultural Society online for up to date information before planning your visit
- 10% discount at local retail partners to our members when they show their valid membership card:
- Birdhouse on the Greenway
- Campbell's Greenhouses, 704.331.9659
- Blackhawk Garden Center
- Carolina Garden Systems
- The Royal Gardens
- Wild Birds Unlimited (Charlotte location only)
Children and adults in one household receive same benefits as Benefactor plus:
- One free use of the The Education Building or Elizabeth Lawrence House for half a day during Wing Haven business hours, Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm. (Some restrictions apply)
Children and adults in one household receive same benefits as Founder plus:
- A private tour of Wing Haven for a group (up to 15 people) with refreshments in the Main Garden. (Some restrictions apply, please call the Wing Haven office at 704-331-0664 for details)
Children and adults in one household receive same benefits as Sustainer plus:
- The opportunity to host a private dinner party (up to 20 people for three hours) in one of our venues until 8pm weekdays or weekends. (Some restrictions apply, please call 704-331-0664 for details)
Wing Haven is a 501(c)(3) organization and your contribution is tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 919.807.2214. The license is not an endorsement by the State. For additional information, please see the State of the Haven annual report and our recent audited Financial Statement.
If your company will match a gift, please submit your form to Wing Haven Foundation, 260 Ridgewood Ave., Charlotte, NC 28209. Please contact Development Director, Susan Evans, 704.331.0664 ext. 108 with questions.