Renting a Venue
Wing Haven’s two historic gardens are conveniently located in the heart of Myers Park, one of Charlotte’s oldest neighborhoods. The properties include two very special venues for corporate retreats, business functions, and small social events (wedding ceremonies not permitted). Tours can be arranged for your group. Part of Wing Haven Garden & Bird Sanctuary is a third venue option - The Children's Garden, a great location for a child's birthday party.
Full Day: $400.00 9:00am - 5:00pm or a total of 8 hours to include setup and breakdown time
Half Day: $250.00 9:00am - noon or 1:00pm - 5:00pm to include setup and breakdown time
A/V Equipment - $50.00
Housekeeping - $50.00
After Hours: anytime before 9:00am or after 5:00pm Weekdays, Saturdays and Sundays an additional charge of $25.00 an hour will be applied for the staff monitoring fee.
Applies to all venues with the exception of birthday parties in the children’s garden
The Education Building at Wing Haven Garden & Bird Sanctuary248 Ridgewood Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28209
Since its creation in 1927, by Elizabeth and Edwin Clarkson, the elegantly designed home and gardens were planned with gracious entertaining in mind. The Education Room brings natural light and the spectacular beauty of the garden inside through glass French doors at both ends. The entryways permit easy access to the expansive gardens for a daylight stroll during events.
- Approximately 50 guests for a standing cocktail-type party or seated lecture
- Up to 40 for a seated luncheon, dinner or business meeting
- Access to the garden (weather permitting)
- Wireless internet access
- iPod-ready or CD stereo sound system
- Use of catering kitchen
The Elizabeth Lawrence House & Garden348 Ridgewood Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28209
Within walking distance from Wing Haven Gardens & Bird Sanctuary is Wing Haven’s second garden property, the former home of noted garden writer Elizabeth Lawrence. This charming cottage offers a spacious living room with an adjoining brick-paved sunroom that opens onto the Lawrence Garden. The garden features a small central pool bordered by a brick patio and flanked by benches. Guests are welcome to stroll through the garden during daylight rental events.
- 25-50 people, depending upon the function
- Maximum of 48 for a seated luncheon or dinner
- Use of kitchen for catering service
- Wireless internet access
The Children's Garden at Wing Haven260 Ridgewood Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28209
Hidden behind the brick walls you will find a quaint children's garden area complete with a raised vegetable garden, butterfly and sensory plots, worm digging area, a rain barrel adorned with kid-sized watering cans, picnic tables, a story reading nook, and a chicken coop (note: our chickens are currently not on property, but will be returning soon)! It is the perfect setting for a young child's birthday party with nature play readily available. A description of Children's Garden Party offerings can be found here.
Availability for this venue runs year-round, with the exception of holidays, Monday through Saturday, 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
- $75 for 2 hours minimum, $25 for each additional hour; Monday through Friday, 10am-4:30pm
- $100 for 2 hours minimum, $25 for each additional hour; Monday through Friday, 10am-4:30pm (includes Foundation Office kitchen and bathroom)
- $125 for 2 hours minimum, $25 for each additional hour, and $25/hour for staff monitor; Saturday, 10am - 4:30pm (includes Foundation Office kitchen and bathroom)
- Deposit of half the total amount of the rental fee must be paid upon contractual agreement
- 20 children and their parents
Romp in the Children’s Garden Party:
- Bring your own decorations and cake and set up at our picnic tables; or, request a table set-up under the large, covered porch adjacent to the garden.
- Dig for worms! Use water from the rain barrel to water plants! Explore the raised vegetable beds, sensory and butterfly gardens! The space is yours to get your hands dirty-lift a log and find some bugs, peek in a birdhouse to see who lives there, hide behind our holly trees like a chipmunk!
- Under the guidance of our Wing Haven Birthday Monitor, explore Wing Haven Garden & Bird Sanctuary on our wooded paths or historic brick, passing by many birdbaths, two ponds, an Oval pool, dozens of feeders and birdhouses. You are certain to catch a glimpse of wildlife that visit our garden: song birds, chipmunks, squirrels, and the occasional raccoon or turtle.
- In addition to nature fun, and perhaps along with your own favors, each child can take home a bit of Wing Haven in the form of birdseed.
Cancellation Policy: The deposit, less a $50.00 administrative fee, is refundable if Wing Haven receives written notice of cancellation at least thirty (30) days before the event date. Wing Haven may cancel this Agreement by giving notice to User and refunding all amounts previously paid by User.